Thursday, December 13, 2007

without a trace.

Okay this is outdated news, but who cares I'll still blog it anyway.

I finally managed to borrow the whole of Heroes Season 1, and so I spent my whole day yesterday watching Heroes. Yay so I've progressed to Episode 12(I know it's still rather slow already but hey it's better than nothing).

At around 7pm, I stopped couch-potato-ing and went to Poline's house for dinner. Aww how nice of her to invite me over for dinner right? Thanks woman. I'll get you your birthday present soon. So we basically caught up with each other and went out to auntie places like NTUC after dinner, where she didn't manage to get her Mochi ice-cream haha! Okay I'm digressing.

Oh and I managed to get my sister to borrow her boyfriend's guitar. So now there's a guitar sitting at home! Isn't that cool? Well the downside of this is that my left fingertips are all red and swollen now and hurt even when I type, so I don't exactly get to play the guitar very much. How I wish I had metal fingertips, or something similar which allows me to play the guitar all day long without feeling any pain.

Okay so that's all for yesterday.

I woke up super early today to make Egg Mayo Sandwiches for the 'Sistas Picnic' today. 9am is the earliest I ever woke up for this holiday okay(other than the days when we have choir practices), because most of the time I actually wake up at around 12nn - 1pm.

Well, despite all my efforts to make sure that I was on time today, I was still late due to the wretched cap from the new can of mayonnaise. I spent at least 10 minutes trying to open it -.- how pathetic is that. Haha but oh well I managed to open it in the end :D

Met the rest of them at 11am at Simei MRT (we decided not to go to the beach in case it rained), it turned out that I wasn't the latest! Zhuo Fei was even later than me! Yes so that was a first for everybody heh. We proceeded to Jia Wen's house and because Sherry the Pig was hungry, we decided to have our 'picnic' first (okay fine, I was hungry too :P). The food was quite good as all of us made different food for this 'picnic'.

There were Egg Mayo Sandwiches(from me), Toasted Cheese Sandwiches(from Yu Xuan), Fruit Salad (from Zhuo Fei), Buffins(from Sherry) and tidbits(from Jia Wen). Well Sherry's Buffins require special mention as they're supposed to be muffins, but they turned out to be 'unmuffin-like'. It tasted more like bread instead, so she decided to call it Sherry's Buffins. According to her sister, the Buffins were 'bread 不像 bread, muffins 不像 muffins' HAHA.

After pigging out for ages, we decided to play board games! Jia Wen's brother bought this game called Muchkin Fu, which is really a kind of card game in which the fun comes from sabotaging your friends. We played this game for a really really long time, and Zhuo Fei had to leave halfway. I WON in the end :D

After that, we went downstairs to play bridge, where I discovered that sitting in the sun makes people drowsy. Well anyway, the four of us played bridge for about an hour before going back upstairs.

Soon, we left Jia Wen's house and Jia Wen and Yu Xuan left for City Hall together- Jia Wen for her caroling and Yu Xuan to her mum's office. Sherry and I, on the other hand, went to Starbucks to slack around. So, I had my regular fix of Java Chip Frappucino :D After that, Sherry and I walked around Eastpoint, where I finally managed to persuade(exploit :D) her to buy me some crackers as a show of her love for me.

So basically, it was a rather fun day for me. Not in the crazy laughing kind of fun, but in a happy-to-see-old-friends and comfortable kind of fun :)

Oh thank you Sherry for the Musical Note Clips from Taiwan and thank you Yu Xuan for the (reused) Christmas Card! heh :D

Love the Sistas!

No comments: