Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Choir Camp 2008

Choir camp ended yesterday, and it was a really different camp from all the previous two camps.

I guess the biggest difference is that I had a more major role to play this year, because I was in the Day Games Comm. I must say I've learnt a lot, and it was truly pleasurable to work with my dearest comm members; Olivia, Pin Lang, Priscilla and Edmond:) I'm really glad everything turned out fine, even though there were minor hiccups such as the rain, and us running out of masking tape. It felt really nice to hear people telling me that they had fun during the station games, it made the late nights all worth it, thank you people :)

I also helped out during night games with Deborah haha and it was pretty boring waiting there for people to come haha. The company made it bearable though, so yep it's my pleasure to help you Deborah!

Another thing was the singing of No Man. I cried after singing No Man. I guess I'm finally starting to realise the importance of No Man and how much VJchoir means to me. And also, it made me realise that I'll miss the Year Twos a whole lot after they're gone. I never thought I'd miss them, but I guess they've really grown on me, I'll really miss this bunch of super retarded people. :( I'm gonna treasure the remaining 2 months or so with all of you, please go for Wales okay? It will really be a good experience, and you all can treat it was a time for you all to relax and recharge before going full speed for Prelims and A levels.

One thing that needs to be improved is the practices though. I feel that everyone is still not taking Practices seriously. Yes Choir camp's about fun and bonding, but the technical aspect is still important. This Choir camp, everyone's so complacent about the singing. The purpose of small group is to act as a wake-up call for everyone to start working hard on their singing, but I feel that nobody really cares that we sounded so bad for small group. Doesn't that defeat the purpose of small group? There's only two months left to SOV, and I think we've still got a few more songs that we haven't even touched. We should all pull up our socks and do our best for the remaining two months. And look, we're even releasing a CD, shouldn't that tell us that we really need to sound our best? Let's all work hard okay and not be complacent okay? We can do it :)

Also, I've gotten to know a few more people through this choir camp :) And I really think the Year Ones are really nice people, love you all :) Haha so basically, choir camp was pretty alright, and although there were some sian moments, I'm glad I got to know a few more people. And yes, I'm glad I got to catch up with some of my favourite people too :)

Love Vjchoir :)

Anyway, I was really tired so I slept till 1.30pm today. Pig right =/ I've got loads to do this holiday, and they're mainly about mugging and packing my room. Oh and I've got two more things coming up, the first one is the MOE Pre-U Scholarship which is on 17 March. And the second thing is to complete the choir board, yay Cedric did a really good job of drawing up the figures :) I think the Choir Board's gonna look pretty nice :)

Yay okay that's all, I shall go play some games on the comp before mugging, and after which I'll resume playing Pokemon again! Muahaha, I'm at the 4th gym already! Heh okay that's random.

I miss you, and I can do nothing about it.

No comments: