Saturday, January 26, 2008

Musings.

I have only one word for choir practice today; Disappointment.

It really sucked to hear Mr Kwei say that we were 'incompetent'. I was expecting him to blow his top, but surprisingly, he was very patient, and only said that we were 'incompetent'. However, the word 'incompetent' struck me more than anything else. It wouldn't have mattered so much if he had gotten downright angry and screamed at us, but the way he said that we were incompetent, coupled with the fact that the choir was really progressing really slowly, really struck me hard.

I guess that everyone is very relaxed about choir right now because the choir hasn't even settled yet, but I really think that it's time for all of us to pull up our socks. 7 months may be a long time, but we should start trying our best for each and every choir practice from now on. I think most people haven't realised the significance and importance of the Choir of the World Competition. We are VJchoir after all, and we need to prove ourselves. Most people just think that VJchoir are very good, but they fail to see all the hard work that we put in to make the sound good. Plus, the songs this year are quite tough, so we'll really need to do our very best to make good music.

VJchoir is not just all about fun and games, it is also about hard work and determination. And though it may still be early on in the year, we do need to work hard from now on. Mr Kwei's comments today should be a wake-up call for the choir. I personally find that the choir is progressing too slowly too, for eg, we shouldn't be repeating things that Mr Kwei did with us last Saturday, like what happened for Zsoltar today.

I will really try my best from now on, and I hope whoever reads my blog will do the same thing too. Let's all work hard, and make good music together, who knows, we might even get a standing ovation in Wales! That'll be a dream come true for me :D Okay, that's beside the point, but let's all do our best for VJchoir yeah?

No Man is an Island.

No comments: