Wednesday, June 11, 2008

How things have changed.

Wow, it's been (almost) a year.

Thank you for having been such a wonderful friend, you've brought much joy to my life, really. Things feel so, familiar yet distant at the same time. Thank you for the phonecalls, the enjoyable nonsensical conversations, for everything. Thank you for being there for me when I needed someone.

Somehow, I never guessed that things will turn out this way. I don't know whose fault it is, well, I feel it's nobody's. Different expectations, different goals, that's what happened isn't it. I really miss this friendship, but I know that things are different now, and there's no point trying to reconstruct something that will never come back. All the happy memories will be tucked in a little corner of my mind, and when I feel nostalgic, I'll pull them out and experience the long forgotten again.

It's not easy learning to let go; who doesn't want something good to last forever? But at the very least, I'm content enough to have had such an amazing friend. It's been a good one year, full of ups and downs, and now that it's coming to a close, I will accept all changes and be content with what I've had.

I'll never forget you.

No comments: